Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Woman 'jumped out of moving van to escape abuse'

Dubai: A waitress says she risked her life when she jumped from a moving minivan to escape being sexually abused by a driver who has been charged with molestation and attempted kidnap, a court heard yesterday.

Records quoted the 25-year-old waitress alleging that after she jumped out of the minivan, the 28-year-old driver chased her and grabbed her neck before she struck him with her elbow and escaped.

"Firstly, he posed as a policeman and asked to see my personal documents... surprisingly, he asked to have sex with me for Dh500 but I rejected this.

"Then he forced me into his vehicle where he groped me. Then I jumped out and escaped," claimed the waitress, A.A.

The driver, O.K., refuted the claimant's allegations and pleaded not guilty when he defended himself before Presiding Judge Al Saeed Mohammad Barghout at the Dubai Court of First Instance yesterday.

The Public Prosecution charged O.K. with impersonating a policeman and molesting the waitress.

He was also charged with the attempted kidnap of A.A. by tricking her and pushing her into his minivan before she could free herself.

"That didn't happen& I am innocent," said the suspect in Courtroom Four yesterday.

A.A. testified that the incident happened when she was walking home around 2am in Satwa.

"The suspect walked to me and seemed outraged because I couldn't hear him calling me& I told him I couldn't hear him because I had earphones in my ears. He claimed to be a policeman and while I was taking out my papers to show them to him, he asked to have sex with me for Dh500.

"He also groped me& I hit his arm and pushed it away. Then he pushed me into the minivan and drove off. But I managed to open the door and jumped out," claimed the waitress.

An Emirati policeman testified that the waitress identified O.K. in the police line-up.

"He admitted that he bargained with her over having sex but she resisted him and escaped," he added.

The trial continues.


Source : Gulf News

No comments:

Post a Comment